About Us

historylogo_blueThe Lincoln County Historical Society
A History of Preserving History

LCHC Members, 1956

Lincoln County Historical Society Members, 1956

On April 2, 1948, 26 people met as the first members of the Lincoln County Historical Society. Their first goals included publishing excerpts from Lt. Theodore Talbot’s diary of his visit in 1849 to the area and preserving Yaquina Bay Lighthouse for use as a museum. Over the next decade, those goals were met, as well as many others.

The Society focuses on the same goals established early by its members: to preserve, publish, and educate. The Society maintains two historic structures, the Burrows House and the Pacific Maritime Heritage Center on Newport’s historic Bayfront, as well as the Log Cabin Research Library. The Society preserves the state’s largest collection of artifacts from Oregon’s central coast. For more information, call 541-265-7509.

swash_accent

Lincoln County Historical Society
STAFF

Executive Director: Steve Wyatt
Office Manager: Colleen Todd
Museum Outreach: Laura Rose
Curator: Krissy Sonniksen
Museum Hosts: Wendy Leach, Andy Liddell, Roger Koenekamp

BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President:
Bud Shoemake
Past President: Bob Olson
Vice President: Frank Geltner
Treasurer:
James Bassingthwaite

Secretary:
 John Baker

Paul Amundson
Mike Eastman
Dean Fleck
Bill Hanshumaker
Fran Mathews
JoAn McAdams
Bill Turner
Geoff Wilkie